Richard Staves is an experienced tax and financial planner and is currently the Managing Member of Cherry Creek Wealth Management, Inc. Richard assists high net worth clients, retirement plans and business clients in the areas of retirement planning, tax and estate planning, wealth management, employee benefits, Social Security optimization, insurance and investment portfolio management. He has 30 years of experience representing clients before the IRS and state tax agencies in audits, Appeals and Collection Due Process Hearings and has assisted in several Tax Court cases.
Richard began his career with Arthur Andersen & Co. in 1975 and later started his own accounting practice in 1980. In 1998, Richard converted his CPA practice to a financial services firm and later merged that practice with Wells Fargo. He is a former Vice President and Senior Wealth Advisor with the Wells Fargo Wealth Management Group.
His professional licenses include:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)- American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AI CPA)
• Charted Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®)- College for Financial Planning
• Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR)
• Series 63 and 65 FINRA securities licenses
• Colorado Life, Health, Fire and Casualty insurance licenses
Richard is a member and active participant in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
(AICPA), the Colorado CPA Society, Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA) and the
National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research. Richard is an avid fly fisherman, plays golf poorly
and travels whenever possible.