Maximizing Social Security
Maximizing Social Security is a course designed for those looking for options in when and how to take their Social Security. Social Security is one of the most valuable and least understood benefits available to retirees today. Advanced planning is essential, and the decisions made have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you receive over your lifetime.
This course provides a fundamental working knowledge of the Social Security program as it applies to retirement planning. You will gain access to information that will address the complexities of navigating the system, the potential cost of planning mistakes, common benefit decision scenarios, the treatment of inflation and taxes, and so much more.
This is a financial course of study where you will leave with the knowledge that can help you make sound decisions about your Social Security benefits.
The objectives of this course are to provide you with the tools, insight, and strategies that will help you make informed decisions about Social Security so that you can maximize your benefit.
By the end of this course, you should be able to understand:
- The complexities of the system and why it’s crucial to make the right claiming decisions.
- The role Social Security plays in your overall retirement income.
- The monetary consequences and benefits of claiming early versus delaying.
- The key spousal decisions and benefits surrounding marriage, divorce, and death.
- How your benefit is structured to help combat inflation but potentially adds to your tax liabilities.